tirsdag 13. desember 2011

Dikt

Go ahead and mention my child,
you know, the one that died.
Don't worry about hurting me further,
the depht of my pain doesn't show.

Don't worry about making me cry,
I'm already crying inside.
Help me heal by releasing,
the tears that I try to hide.

I'm hurt when you just keep silent.
Pretending it doesn't exist.
I'd rather you mention my child,
knowing that she is missed.

You ask me how I'm doing.
I say "pretty good" or "fine",
but healing is something ongoing
I feel it will take a lifetime

If I could have a lifetime wish,
a dream that would come true.
I'd pray to God with all my heart,
for yesterday and you.

A thousand words won't bring you back,
I know because I've tried.
And neither will a thousand tears,
I know beacuse I've tried.

You left behind my broken heart,
and happy memories too.
But I never wanted memories,
I only wanted you



Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar